Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom tiles lifting in new build extension in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Glynn

TF
Esteemed
LEYLAND
There is only one sure way of finding out and that is to remove a tile and see what is going on underneath. If the tiles are loose it may be possible to remove one without too much inconveiniance. If you can also send in some pictures of the floor type and the back of the tile we may get more of an idea of what is going on. The spaces should not be left in as the grout won't stick to these and would de-bond and they will stop the grout joint being fully compacted.

J

John Corbett

Thanks for your advice guys. I was thinking of going back to Tile Choice and having a chat with them. The tiles that have lifted are all on the same side of the room. The ones under and around the bath are still sound. Not sure if this is just because the ones that have lifted are the ones we walk on most. I need to make a decision soon as I can see a tile breaking before long.

Reply to Bathroom tiles lifting in new build extension in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays