Search the forum,

Discuss Attaching No More Ply to breeze block wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gross Loydman

I'm going to be boarding my bathroom with NMP ready for tiling. I've taken the walls back to breeze block but am unsure which adhesive to use. The NMP adhesive seems really expensive so was going to use a 'single part flexi rapid set adhesive' as specified on the NMP website. Does anyone have a particular recommendation, and ideally a link to the best stuff to use?

I'm going to be using ceramic tiles, not porcelain, but want to make absolutely sure that the boards are firmly fixed to the walls (I have nightmares of the boards coming away from the walls and having to re-do everything). Do I need to mechanically fix, and if so how?!?! It looks like the NMP would be pretty difficult to countersink...

Thanks in advance.

GL

PS The NMP guy recommended PVA'ing the wall before fixing the boards... I know that PVA'ing a substrate that you're going to tile onto is a no-no, but what about breeze blocks prior to NMP'ing?

O

ozboz

Stray from the NMP spec mate and you could end up being sorry, I would consider other options, dry line, plaster or render come to my mind, if the tiles are fairly large, possibly, maybe you can fix onto the breeze blocks if they are reasonably flat and plumb, but get prof advice from Mapie Tech, in fact it maybe advantageous to talk to them anyway and they most prob give you a good spec, remember cheap can be nasty ! ok mate Steve aka ozboz

Reply to Attaching No More Ply to breeze block wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have the old stock no more ply down unprimed. (Their new stock comes pre-primed). Mapei...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.