Discuss Are the Dunlop tiling courses any good? in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

J

jb47731

I've been looking at tiling courses recently and seen a lot of courses through training providers like Able Skills. I also came across a manufacturer who does training courses and not sure if these will be better or worse.

Has anyone tried this Dunlop tiling course? I think the introduction one, but I'm not sure if it leads to a qualification or not...

OP
G

Gareth Raines

In my personal opinion. The courses only teach the very basics. The dunlop course does not give you a nvq, personally i would suggest trying to get a job as a tilers labourer or a apprentice and go on a part time collage course. This way you will gain on site training aswell as your nvq.

OP
J

jb47731

In my personal opinion. The courses only teach the very basics. The dunlop course does not give you a nvq, personally i would suggest trying to get a job as a tilers labourer or a apprentice and go on a part time collage course. This way you will gain on site training aswell as your nvq.

Thanks Gareth. I'll take a look at some other providers too then!

OP
G

Gareth Raines

click the link below Uk Pro Tiling training courses. You can gain a nvq through there courses. Not the cheapest but have heard good things.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
I thought an nvq could only be achieved once you were tiling professionally ?

Big difference between the micky mouse certificate that's is given out after a 2 week course and a proper qualification recognised in the building industry.

OP
G

Gareth Raines

I thought an nvq could only be achieved once you were tiling professionally ?

Big difference between the micky mouse certificate that's is given out after a 2 week course and a proper qualification recognised in the building industry.
I Agree but apparently there courses give you a NVQ qualification.

Think personally you should go the apprentice route but if you cant find one its a alternative. To get some experience then find some work in the social housing sector, to gain on the job experience.

UKTT Darren

TF
Supporter
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
If you want to learn how to tile professionally fast then try us UK Pro Tiling Training, been going now for over 15 years with hundreds of positive feedback, we get people from all over the world travelling for our training, we teach to Level 3 standard, you can acquire an NVQ qualification once you are out in the workplace where an assessor can assess your skills and build up your portfolio

www.tiling-courses.co.uk

Reply to Are the Dunlop tiling courses any good? in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer