Currently reading:
Anthracite Grout, what a bummer.

Discuss Anthracite Grout, what a bummer. in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bill

If your contractor is any good then your cutting should be minimal if the ceiling height is consistent along with a level floor.

The 2 niches should be set for full tile on the horizontal, to minimise time & cuts too.

I know some firms could knock that out for £scorem2 labour only and still be ok with price. Maybe add a bit more for Londinium.

My price would be higher though.

It all depends on how good the prep is and access plus the readiness of each bathroom.

Hi Andy, I have no problems with the developer, its just the way client throw complications in at the last moment. They know the deal and will pay what I ask for within reason. Was it Tom who implied that tiling firms in Manchester would do it for £::m2, or did I get that wrong? Tilers where I am wouldn't even answer the phone for that atm.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bill

Hi Andy, I have no problems with the developer, its just the way client throw complications in at the last moment. They know the deal and will pay what I ask for within reason. Was it Tom who implied that tiling firms in Manchester would do it for £:: m2, or did I get that wrong? Tilers where I am wouldn't even answer the phone for that atm.
I said labour only - which some tilers get on site work.

10m2 a day @£::m2 = £::: a day - x that by 5 days and you have £::: a week - that is well above the average weekly wage and yes I do understand that it is a gross figure.

Some 'young' tilers would jump at those prices.

Pauly your on London rates,I haven't done site work for 19 months & was getting £:: m2 as Tom say £::: minus 20% for tax is £::: & not to be scoffed at that £:::: a month & if you got a decent accountant they get you a good whack back every 12 months,& like you said you don't want to appear rude neither do I but you need to earn serious dosh in London because you can't get in your van without it costing you to drive round your own city because of all the charges your lovely Mayor love shoving up the motorist of this fair & pleasant land

Reply to Anthracite Grout, what a bummer. in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement