Search the forum,

Discuss Another rogue. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all

ive had 2 calls in 2 weeks about travertine jobs that are cracking or not good enough.
ive seen 1 so far and the tiles hadnt been sealed,1 covered in grout. not set out properly and the wall tiles was dot and dabbed. the customer said he had to make the tiler put ply down on the floor but the tiles have cracked and the grout has cracked.
they didnt like my price to put it right which i think means they either went in cheap to get the job or its to much to lay out to do again.

the 2nd one i was told by the tile shop that the travertine was put up with grout,i havent seen the job yet,going Friday but surely nobody would stick tiles up with grout would they...............................
the underfloor heating isnt working and the floor is all cracked aswell. the customer has said she hasnt been able to get a tiler to look at it!!!
i really feel sorry for the people but it does seem to be happening a bit more often lately and sometimes customers will choose the cheapest estimates,i truely believe that you get what you pay for with tiling.

Reply to Another rogue. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Another First for UK Tiling Forum; Crossing the 1 Million Posts Mark Soon It appears the other...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.