Discuss Amazon prime in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Anyone got it?
What's it like?
How does it work....is it streamed live to your TV. ...do you need a box of some kind ....or can you only watch it on a laptop.

O

Old Mod

I have it Andy, it's pretty good, I think.
Buy your subscription on line, but buy a firestick with Kodi on it from eBay.
It'll cost another £15-20 but you'll have hundreds more channels on your tv. But you need to keep Kodi up to date, just by using it, it updates.
You'll have access to movies as they hit the cinema, and in HD.
The firestick plugs in to your HDMI socket on your tv and has its own power supply. That's it, done!
Search for new input on your tv and select firestick, it's that simple.
I download movies on to my phone or iPad so I can watch them if I'm commuting by train.
And to be fair it's all fairly current material, in comparison to other streaming services like Netflix. Plus obviously you also get free delivery on almost everything from Amazon themselves and it's nearly always next day delivery.

O

Old Mod

Everything that is marked 'Prime'
other stuff you can rent or buy from 99p also they have the latest releases which you could also rent for two days for about £3.50 I think.

W

WetSaw

I, personally, wouldn't get a firestick. They're not very powerful and WiFi only is not ideal for streaming. An Android box ( 2g - 16g) is a much better option for not much more money.

O

Old Mod

I, personally, wouldn't get a firestick. They're not very powerful and WiFi only is not ideal for streaming. An Android box ( 2g - 16g) is a much better option for not much more money.
Don't completely disagree Paul, however, for £60 and if you use Amazon delivery services it's pretty cheap.

Q

Qwerty

I wouldn't be without my fire TV stick and prime membership. Depends alot on your Internet speed. I get minimum of 20mbps on fibre optic and it handles everything fine

T

Time's Ran Out

We're thinking of getting a new transistor radio to replace our wireless, but I'am concerned the reception might not be as good for The Archers!

Reply to Amazon prime in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks