Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Alternatives to Knauf Aquapanel Wall Board in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
What alternatives to knauf aquapanel do we have lads? Generically speaking. What's the new way to tile instead of using knauf aquapanel?

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hate aqua pannel, never use unless supplied before I get there, Jacko board or similar if in wet area, plaster board of if not on walls, or no more ply on floors

Q

Qwerty

I use Marmox most of the time. I cringe when somebody tells me they have boarded shower walls out with aquapanel.

Yes, from memory there is silica in the Portland cement of aquapanel.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not using it I'm going to write a bit of a guide about it an explain where we are at with bathrooms these days when we need to board out.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm always on the understanding with stuff kinda if they wanted to they would have done so don't like pestering lol

Just people being here chatting is good for me i don't want scare them away with chores lol

F

Flintstone

It's been out years, it won't break down when wet, it's readily available, I think it's just one of them products that people use assuming it's the right thing

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
But that's one of my big issues with it, when you say it needs tanking the standard reply "It's aquapannel so its waterproof" the name is misleading to Joe public, hence why wickes stock it, I really can not see any advantage to the stuff over other products it's over priced and aimed at a market that doesn't understand the requirements for the area it's to be used in, it grinds my gears if I'm honest

Reply to Alternatives to Knauf Aquapanel Wall Board in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks