Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Advice required for installing porcelain wood effect tiles, both internally and externally. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dave Hopkins

Morning all, I have a large area approx 106sq meters in total of an extension I'm looking to have done in wood effect. Large open plan, hallway, utility, cloakroom. Some very useful info on this thread. Has anyone ever tried to do a border inlay of any kind or a single plank border similar to achieved with real wood? Also any advice on using these tiles externally. I have seen some that claim to have a deeper pattern and so more grip presumably?

D

Dave Hopkins

Hi Dan, they are 200x1200. Attached brochure.

Attachments

• nature.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 14
O

Old Mod

Has anyone ever tried to do a border inlay of any kind or a single plank border similar to achieved with real wood?

That can be achieved no problem, there maybe certain limitations depending on what you have in mind, but in principle it's doable, yes.

D

Dave Hopkins

Thanks 3_fall, it's hard to find examples online of this done in tile. A lot of real wood pops up when searching. Any thoughts on a material for an inlay? Strip of tile or metal maybe?

O

Old Mod

Thanks 3_fall, it's hard to find examples online of this done in tile. A lot of real wood pops up when searching. Any thoughts on a material for an inlay? Strip of tile or metal maybe?
Depends to what level you want to take it Dave tbh.
Also on the fixer you find, as to how far they are willing to go.
I've seen real timber inlays, or porcelain or metal,
throw enough time Andy money at it and you have any choice you wish.

O

Old Mod

Not planks I know, just first thing I found. But it shows that inlays can be done.

IMG_0513.jpg

Reply to Advice required for installing porcelain wood effect tiles, both internally and externally. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks