Search the forum,

Discuss Acrylic Splashback to wall tile join? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Could someone let me know what standard practise is in this situation have searched the internet with no success.

I'm retiling the bathroom soon and plan on 3mm acrylic splashback around the bath shower surrounding walls and wall tiles on rest of the walls.

How should I handle the join between the 3mm acrylic and (6mm?) Wall tiles to avoid a visible step in levels?
Thanks!

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Could someone let me know what standard practise is in this situation have searched the internet with no success.

I'm retiling the bathroom soon and plan on 3mm acrylic splashback around the bath shower surrounding walls and wall tiles on rest of the walls.

How should I handle the join between the 3mm acrylic and (6mm?) Wall tiles to avoid a visible step in levels?
Thanks!
You could use a chrome listello type inset trim. Come in 2.4mtr lengths.

Reaction score
You could use a chrome listello type inset trim. Come in 2.4mtr lengths.
Thanks for the reply. How noticeable would the step be do you think? Could it be possible (or a good idea) to board with another sheet of acrylic or ply? behind the splashback to raise it? Just wondering what standard practise is?

Reply to Acrylic Splashback to wall tile join? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen