Search the forum,

Discuss 900x900 porcelain in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kaharrison9

Good Morning All

Just been to check out a possible job and soon sitting down to do a quote.

I have attached a couple of photos.
Hoping if any folk could estimate roughly the cost they would be charging and possibly the time to complete bearing in mind the size of the porcelain and cutting.
Presently there is an 88m2 floor running through 3 rooms.
The floor at the moment is floorboards, over boarded with 12mm ply then stone.
As well there is a recently built 30m2 conservatory with a concrete base.

There is one area where there has been previous cracks(see photo) which suggest an issue with the plywood.
I'm suggesting to rip out all the stone floor, remove skirting, lift the ply, strength any joists if required then re overboard with 6mm Hardie then tile.
The tiles for the 3 rooms are 900x900 porcelain.
The tiles for conservatory are the random length plank affect.
I will be popping back to check heights of the floor so presently do not know if the floors need leveling.Also if anybody can think of an other issues that may occur that i need to cover myself for.
Cheers All
Kevin

P1030481.JPG P1030482.JPG P1030483.JPG P1030484.JPG P1030485.JPG P1030486.JPG P1030487.JPG

T

Time's Ran Out

Kevin - I'am not sure what advice you are looking for that will help you with a job of this scale. It will be a challenge for an experienced tiling contractor and if you've only been tiling for 1 month you can really end up in trouble.

S

Spud

if the floor had ditra i dont think the tiles would have cracked , your idea for the prep sounds good as long as you can be sure you can get the floorboards stiff enough and doesnt need added strength from the ply wood

K

kaharrison9

Cheers Guys

Any thoughts on roughly what figure the total cost I should be quoting for?

Just wanting to make sure I'm covered for all possibilities.

I see my name title says I have been tiling for a month, something bizarre seems to have happened there.

Many thanks.

Kevin

Reply to 900x900 porcelain in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen