Search the forum,

Discuss 100 / 150 years old tiles. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

If anyone has stock or can suggest where we might source some dark chocolate and buff Victorian floor tiles, for a restoration job. Ideal size 109mmx109mm but 151mmx151mm could be cut down to suit. Thanks in advance, Phil.:thumbsup:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Same plea for whites now!!!

J

jonnyc

iused to restore the edwardian geometric floors about 20 years ago and used to get replacement tiles from lassco reclamation yard.
they have a couple of yards in london.
drummonds in hindhead also used to do them.

the problem i used to have was that apparently alot of these tiles were cut on site and they can vary in size from one house to another in the same street.
there are estates like lion estate in fulham and barnes where every house had entry hall and steps/path done.
if you havenet got much work at any time .
put a flyer through every door on those roads in lion estates advertisnig you restore these floors .
it used to keep me vey busy .

jstrats

TF
Reaction score
Have you tried here?

Craven Dunnill Jackfield Ltd: Encaustic and Geometric floor tiles.

Not cheap but they supply almost any kind of victorian tiles i believe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to 100 / 150 years old tiles. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have a small kitchen with a floor area of 265cm x 140cm with the door recess adding another 20...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen