Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss zaisan in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Z

zaisan

Hello all this is my first posting.

Some advice please.
I am a complete novice at tiling and have a small job to do at home.

Entrance hall to be tiled 1.8m x 1.2m - have the tiles already (porcelain).
the floor is concrete? has a few cracks on the the surface which is red in colour, cannot say if its paint or some type of plaster
Also has some damp - but not soaking wet.

My question is which adhesive do the experts out there recommend?
Do I need to pre treat the floor?

Any guidance appreciated

Thanks.:smilewinkgrin:

J

jay

:welcome: we first need to know if its paint or colored render try scratching the surface to see if paint flakes the crackes are harder maybe some pics would help and rising damp as in how much hope this helps

D

DHTiling

Hello and welcome...answer the couple questions above then we can help some more..:thumbsup:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Have you done a damp test to determine if it is damp or does it just look wet. Is it coated in something red or is it red all the way through? How old is the property?

Reply to zaisan in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks