Search the forum,

Discuss Wickes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

To be honest out of all of them, Wickes is the only one I don't mind using. The prices for 90% of their stuff isn't too bad, my only gripe is all their tools are own brand. On the watchdog subject, it's so easy to sub contract for them, all you need is a business card or letter headed invoice, there isn't much of a vetting process as far as I'm aware.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Shouldn't stick their name on it if they don't know the trader doing the job. They should sort that out.

D

Deleted member 9966

I watched this too and was a bit disappointed that not at any point did Anne or Chris the presenters mention that the installers used in these situations were actually subcontracted by Wickes and not Wickes own employees. I think they should have made that a bit more obvious, as I know that DIY store installation teams are usually subcontracted tradesmen, but it's a bit misleading to the rest of the general public if they're not made aware of this by Wickes either.

On the subject of Wickes, Travis Perkins the parent company, just spent around £8million buying up around 14 different Focus DIY stores with a view to rebranding them as Wickes stores. I don't mind, as it means the Focus store across the road from my house appears to have been given a reprieve and will be able to get all my emergency materials from there as normal (screws, nails, washers, lightbulbs, dog food :lol: )

Reply to Wickes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen