Search the forum,

Discuss Wickes 'Taupe' tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

cheekymonk3y

I recently bought 40m2 porcelain 300 x 600 'Taupe' tiles from Wickes, thinking they were a beige colour as that's how they looked in the catalogue. However, when they arrived they were more of a dark brown colour with feint grey veins in them - they still matched our kitchen so i decided to keep them, however, I am now at a loss as which colour grout to use!
Has anybody else laid these before and if so what make/colour grout would you suggest??
Help!!!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If you could post a pic that would help, but if it was me I would be advising to use a chocolate to dark brown grout. It will be more subtle against a dark tile and would also be better in the kitchen area, spills etc.

I

ianflem

Hi,If you have any local tile shops in you're area pop in and ask for a look at their grout chart/samples.
Take a tile or off cut with you to view against chart...If you re looking for a brown grout then my personal
preference is NULL

Rgds
Ian

T

tilerbarry

I use ultracolourplus by mapei they've got a good selection of creamy beige grouts, I think wickes sell it now.

Reply to Wickes 'Taupe' tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen