Search the forum,

Discuss Wickes black porcelain floor tiles - impossible to clean in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Y

Yuss

All - any help would be greatly appreciated!!

We have recently purchased the above tiles and had them laid in our kitchen. The tile laying is perfect, and the tiles look great when just cleaned. The problem is that keeping them clean seems impossible. Water marks show up after cleaning, footmarks and general marks are permanently showing even though we have tried a number of recommendations from different sources.

We have cleaned the tiles twice with Lithofin Wax Off but this has made no difference. We have tried a steam mop, vinegar, fairy liquid, glass cleaner and white spirit to absolutely no avail.

Can anybody please tell us how to clean these tiles and to keep them shining longer than 30 mins after cleaning????

Any help hugely appreciated.

Yuss

D

david campbell

:welcome:to the forum

did you buff the tiles with a dry clean cloth to remove any excess grout after washing them ?

Y

Yuss

Yes I did.. I've been on my hands and knees few times a day to buff them but it just wont stay clean.. within few minutes they were marks all over again..

Y

Yuss

@david campbell...
There were no mentioned of transit wax but there definately wax on them

Reply to Wickes black porcelain floor tiles - impossible to clean in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen