Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Why would / wouldn't you use rapid set adhesive on walls? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

U

Unregistered

Hi,

When tiling large 30x60cm porcelain tiles onto primed skimmed plaster would it be better to use rapid set or normal adhesive? Obviously there is the time advantage but any downsides to rapid set? Sorry, am clueless!

Thank you.

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I never use rapid set on walls unless sticking waterproof matting.i like to have a bit of time.dont like cleaning buckets every 10 mins!! Lol.
But I'm sure there's plenty of tilers who use rapid set?
So to answer your question rapid or standard set is fine

W

White Room

Hi,

When tiling large 30x60cm porcelain tiles onto primed skimmed plaster would it be better to use rapid set or normal adhesive? Obviously there is the time advantage but any downsides to rapid set? Sorry, am clueless!

Thank you.

How thick are your tiles, you maybe exceeding some weight issues with the tiles onto skimmed plaster....

T

Time's Ran Out

I personally use fast set flexible adhesive on all large format porcelain tiles as I find the rapid setting in conjunction with the impervious body of the tile, reduces the chances of 'suction' and hence lipping.

Reply to Why would / wouldn't you use rapid set adhesive on walls? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks