Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Why Adhesive Back Of Hardiebacker Type Boards Over Chipboard? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
and the poor blokes who wasted their time, their own free time, unpaid, to come round and give there advice and to quote, all with absolutely zero chance of actually winning the work.

Plenty of homeowners think that they can call people round to pick their brains for information on how to do the job with no intention of ever paying anyone.

(fairplay 1 or 2 gave poor advice like).

Just the way I read it and obviously its just my humble opinion..

S

sg86

and the poor blokes who wasted their time, their own free time, unpaid, to come round and give there advice and to quote, all with absolutely zero chance of actually winning the work.

Plenty of homeowners think that they can call people round to pick their brains for information on how to do the job with no intention of ever paying anyone.

(fairplay 1 or 2 gave poor advice like).

Just the way I read it and obviously its just my humble opinion..

Probably best if you pipe down and keep your assumptions to yourself.

I never said i was doing the tiling, the two who are in line to do it asked me to prep the floor myself, all my questions were about the floor not the tiling. I am a tradesman myself and know what it's like to quote and not win jobs.

Martyn, professional tiler - not very humble

S

sg86

Ok! So we won't take this conversation any further
or I'll just lock the thread down.
Thank you kindly!
Have a nice day! :)

3_fall, really appreciate the answers i got from you and others, i've ordered all the bits and will give it a go on the weekend :)

Reaction score
Good response.

Not sure why someone would ask for you to prep the job for them, a process you've not done before, with materials you've not used. I wouldn't & neither would 99% of the users on here either.

But good luck with it and I hope your man does a good job for you..

I

Italy

I do not understand where the problem lies, what they're explaining is also a comparison of different opinions and can also serve us tilers.
I am the TF for this also, I'm here to learn .....
in Italy not there is a TF, probably because like-minded. @Martyn Leeds
sorry if I interfered.
marc now you can close trend. ahaha

O

Old Mod

haha @antonio,
There is no need to close the thread.
All I meant was I did not want it to get abusive.
I was only refferring to the end posts.
Sometimes personal opinions cloud judgement and spoil a thread! :)
But everyone's happy now! :rolleyes:
And it will remain open. ;)

Reply to Why Adhesive Back Of Hardiebacker Type Boards Over Chipboard? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks