Search the forum,

Discuss Who are you voting for? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM

Don't know the job you're talking about there pal but I'd support anybody who supports the forum. It's only here because of those guys who have helped over the years. Everything I setup I have those in mind first. Many of those make thousands a year out of the forum and I don't even make that much myself lol

Fair play for them being awesome in their industry. Whether on the forum or not. But I love it when they're on here a lot sharing their work and their skills. That's just something else.
Dan I'm all about supporting this forum and its members, the only one I've ever been a member of may I add.
My point is that on this forum within this last year I like many others had the privlage of seeing a job that was shared on this forum and to be frank about it, it blew my mind.
The technical know how, knowledge, planning and delivery was second to none.
I'm just confused as to how the 'biggest' awards ceremony of our trade didn't have it in it?
Like WTF!!! There's no job out there this year that has come close to it, so what's that all about.
At the end of the day that job involved quite a few of our members and not a mention of it. Tbh I'm just sceptical now or maybe I'm missing something but I'd love someone to explain to me how the best job imo this year by a mile isn't even nominated in some form or another.
I gladly stand to be corrected!

L

LM

I think we where all posting at the same time lol, but I'm happy to leave mine where it is as I meant it :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Dan I'm all about supporting this forum and its members, the only one I've ever been a member of may I add.
My point is that on this forum within this last year I like many others had the privlage of seeing a job that was shared on this forum and to be frank about it, it blew my mind.
The technical know how, knowledge, planning and delivery was second to none.
I'm just confused as to how the 'biggest' awards ceremony of our trade didn't have it in it?
Like WTF!!! There's no job out there this year that has come close to it, so what's that all about.
At the end of the day that job involved quite a few of our members and not a mention of it. Tbh I'm just sceptical now or maybe I'm missing something but I'd love someone to explain to me how the best job imo this year by a mile isn't even nominated in some form or another.
I gladly stand to be corrected!
I think we need to do a one-off job of the year competition for 2016. And let every person submit every single job they think has a chance of winning. And then let our members decide.

No financial interest at all. And hundreds of entries not just half a dozen lol

What do we think lads?

Mid-thread voting now possible!!? Click agree to vote yes and disagree to vote no!!!

L

LM

And on another note just so everyone is clear, I absolutely stand by my vote for Sharon, her work is exceptional and a marvel to look at, I can only aspire to her standards and wish her all my luck in this competition!
I just can't believe that other work of similar standing isn't even considered!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It should be reworded as "best fixer that's a tile association member" maybe but it doesn't have the same ring to it.

Sharon's work is second to none. The guys in that league like all the ones mentioned are today's equivalent of whoever the hell it was that did all that Roman mosaic tiling I posted to the forum last week. Installed 400AD lol

And one or two of those entered in the TTA comp are mediocre at best. Some just have a fancy USP that's nothing to do with tiling lol

O

Old Mod

Sharon's correct I'm not a TTA member, ergo, I have no right to be in the nominations.
Good luck to you.

And just so it's clear, I will NOT be entering
any joty 2016 either.
It'd be great to see it run, could be a great competition.
There's a lot of great work out there that we just don't see! And that's a pity.

M

MTiler

You enter yourself into the TTA awards. I always thought you had to be nominated. I joined the TTA and a couple of people suggested I enter. I thought what the hell Id had some nice work in 2016 and this July is my 10th anniversary, it was now or never lol.
Anyway its not compulsory to vote for me lol.

Reply to Who are you voting for? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen