Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Who are you voting for? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

M

Matt Bott

I went on to check it out and I couldn't believe I didn't see more of TF members up because from what I've seen there work is imo better than a lot of the nominees

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Out of a couple of hundred tile fixers only 8 signed up? Do they not encourage it or something? How did you find out @MissTiler ?

And yeah, for those wondering, this is just my doing lol I thought if we can't give back to members when it is possible to, we aren't doing right for them.

L

LM

Out of a couple of hundred tile fixers only 8 signed up? Do they not encourage it or something? How did you find out @MissTiler ?

And yeah, for those wondering, this is just my doing lol I thought if we can't give back to members when it is possible to, we aren't doing right for them.
I completely agree @Dan , if you can't support our members when credit is due then what's the point of being part of anything.
I'd like to know however how that Hampstead Callcutta job didn't get a mention, that's the best looking job I've seen in many a year, never mind category, surely I'm not on my own here am I?

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't know the job you're talking about there pal but I'd support anybody who supports the forum. It's only here because of those guys who have helped over the years. Everything I setup I have those in mind first. Many of those make thousands a year out of the forum and I don't even make that much myself lol

Fair play for them being awesome in their industry. Whether on the forum or not. But I love it when they're on here a lot sharing their work and their skills. That's just something else.

M

MTiler

I completely agree @Dan , if you can't support our members when credit is due then what's the point of being part of anything.
I'd like to know however how that Hampstead Callcutta job didn't get a mention, that's the best looking job I've seen in many a year, never mind category, surely I'm not on my own here am I?

Probably because neither Marc nor Gary are members of the TTA (Gary left).
Gary was up for Tile Fixer a few years ago.

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
There are some brilliant tilers in the industry it's a real shame the TTA Awards dont actually show which ones are standing out. And it's only their members.

Not taking it away from Sharon or any of the others like. But 8 fixers only!?!?

That's terrible.

Going to count their whole fixer database tomorrow see how many they have.

Starting to think they're not actually supporting the fixer any more at all and I have bigged them up during their management change over thinking they were trying but perhaps not?

L

LM

Don't know the job you're talking about there pal but I'd support anybody who supports the forum. It's only here because of those guys who have helped over the years. Everything I setup I have those in mind first. Many of those make thousands a year out of the forum and I don't even make that much myself lol

Fair play for them being awesome in their industry. Whether on the forum or not. But I love it when they're on here a lot sharing their work and their skills. That's just something else.
Dan I'm all about supporting this forum and its members, the only one I've ever been a member of may I add.
My point is that on this forum within this last year I like many others had the privlage of seeing a job that was shared on this forum and to be frank about it, it blew my mind.
The technical know how, knowledge, planning and delivery was second to none.
I'm just confused as to how the 'biggest' awards ceremony of our trade didn't have it in it?
Like WTF!!! There's no job out there this year that has come close to it, so what's that all about.
At the end of the day that job involved quite a few of our members and not a mention of it. Tbh I'm just sceptical now or maybe I'm missing something but I'd love someone to explain to me how the best job imo this year by a mile isn't even nominated in some form or another.
I gladly stand to be corrected!

L

LM

I think we where all posting at the same time lol, but I'm happy to leave mine where it is as I meant it :)

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Dan I'm all about supporting this forum and its members, the only one I've ever been a member of may I add.
My point is that on this forum within this last year I like many others had the privlage of seeing a job that was shared on this forum and to be frank about it, it blew my mind.
The technical know how, knowledge, planning and delivery was second to none.
I'm just confused as to how the 'biggest' awards ceremony of our trade didn't have it in it?
Like WTF!!! There's no job out there this year that has come close to it, so what's that all about.
At the end of the day that job involved quite a few of our members and not a mention of it. Tbh I'm just sceptical now or maybe I'm missing something but I'd love someone to explain to me how the best job imo this year by a mile isn't even nominated in some form or another.
I gladly stand to be corrected!
I think we need to do a one-off job of the year competition for 2016. And let every person submit every single job they think has a chance of winning. And then let our members decide.

No financial interest at all. And hundreds of entries not just half a dozen lol

What do we think lads?

Mid-thread voting now possible!!? Click agree to vote yes and disagree to vote no!!!

L

LM

And on another note just so everyone is clear, I absolutely stand by my vote for Sharon, her work is exceptional and a marvel to look at, I can only aspire to her standards and wish her all my luck in this competition!
I just can't believe that other work of similar standing isn't even considered!

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It should be reworded as "best fixer that's a tile association member" maybe but it doesn't have the same ring to it.

Sharon's work is second to none. The guys in that league like all the ones mentioned are today's equivalent of whoever the hell it was that did all that Roman mosaic tile I posted to the forum last week. Installed 400AD lol

And one or two of those entered in the TTA comp are mediocre at best. Some just have a fancy USP that's nothing to do with tile lol

Reply to Who are you voting for? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock