Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss White metal trim for fireplace in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. mike32

mike32 Member of Tilers Forums

Hi all,

Just trying to find out if anyone knows if coated metal trims are suitable to use around an open fireplace that contains a log burner? Concerned that the heat from the burner would affect the trim coating?
    Customer wants a white metal trim, so will probably go for genesis trims (have tried contacting them directly with no response).

Any help would be appreciated

2. Ttt1601

Ttt1601 Professional Tiler JOTM Winner

I've used the coated anthracite ones on an open fire, I couldn't gey answer myself if it was suitable, haven't heard anything back from the customer saying there are any issues, and she was a complete stuck up demanding *******, so I'm pretty sure I would of had a call if it had lol

3. mike32

mike32 Member of Tilers Forums

Lol! Think I'll just go ahead and use them.

4. 3_fall

3_fall Administrator. Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Schluter now do a range of 10 coloured trims in popular trend colours called 'Trend Line'
    Give them a call, I'm sure they'll be suitable.

5. BRW

BRW Ben White - Trimline Group Company Support

Hi Mike - yes I can confirm both Schluter and Atrim have coated trims to suit your needs.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2017