Discuss White Grout - Please Help! in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Newbie posting for the first time here, but have enjoyed reading all your helpful posts and find this forum invaluable!

I am not a tiler by trade but very competent and only complete work on my own house.

To give you some background I have just laid 85sqm of 600x600 polished porcelain so yes quite the job but very happy with the result. For those interested:

Now at the stage of grouting and its going to be white grout - agghhh i know but it's definitely going to be white.

Was thinking Mapei Kerapoxy CQ white or am i being overkill? Have read a couple of reports of yellowing from some previous posts but well over 5 years ago? I know it's hard to work with as I used it in anthracite for 2 wetrooms but the area was only small so didn't get the full extent of how fast you need to be.

So my question to you experts is have you used white grout on whole ground floor and did you have any problems with cementitious grout (say Ultracolour Plus?)

I want to go with Kerapoxy but concerned around yellowing and no ability to ever regrout?
I would love to use a standard grout for ease, but reading Ultracolour Plus also isn't a pure white and would hate to look back and wish used Kerpoxy as nightmare to clean.

What would be your thoughts if it was your own house?

Many thanks

Reaction score
Thanks guys, do you have a preference for fugalite over other epoxy's?

Only reason I ask is that Mapei Kerapoxy is easier to source for me and getting for weekend.

Have you used Kerapoxy at all previously?

Have you had any yellowing experiences with white epoxy?

Have you ever used standard white grout and found it to be fine if cleaned properly?

Many thanks

G

GoneGuy

of You use a cement grout then one of the only ways to try prevent it from staining is to apply a grout sealer, but you would have to top this up regularly, that’s why a lot of tilers use epoxy grouts as it’s waterproof and less likely to stain

F

Flintstone

Kerakoll is regarded as easier to use than mapei but that is personal. I think modern epoxy doesn't suffer the yellowing.
You could order online Thursday and have it for Friday

Reaction score
Kerakoll is regarded as easier to use than mapei but that is personal. I think modern epoxy doesn't suffer the yellowing.
You could order online Thursday and have it for Friday

Thank you once again... Ordered and being delivered Friday.... Pretty much the same price as Mapei also so will let you know how I get on.

Used Bal Flex One adhesive to lay the tiles which was brilliant gear and I believe a new product as its not a rapid set... Highly recommend the stuff!

Perfect Level Master system was also a dream to work with after much research thanks to this forum and the net! Could not have done the job without it. 600 x 600 were a nightmare.

Reply to White Grout - Please Help! in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay