Search the forum,

Discuss While the wife's away in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
so , while the wife is away , erm looking at the sites of Lisbon , Ive had to get this ready for the wood burner .
I was going to get porcelain slips , but they were a fortune, even at trade from my mate .
So I went for slate slips from Mrs stone, Ive bought of the shop before so I know the quality is ok , and for £15m2 you can't go wrong.i got some sealer from a local shop I use now and again, to put it nicely it was a bag of poo ,
I got 2 pieces of slate for the hearth and cut myself .
Still got a bit of cleaning and polishing but I think it's come out well :)

IMG_6534.JPG IMG_6535.JPG IMG_6536.JPG

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
so , while the wife is away , erm looking at the sites of Lisbon , Ive had to get this ready for the wood burner .
I was going to get porcelain slips , but they were a fortune, even at trade from my mate .
So I went for slate slips from Mrs stone, Ive bought of the shop before so I know the quality is ok , and for £15m2 you can't go wrong.i got some sealer from a local shop I use now and again, to put it nicely it was a bag of poo ,
I got 2 pieces of slate for the hearth and cut myself .
Still got a bit of cleaning and polishing but I think it's come out well :)

View attachment 85848 View attachment 85849 View attachment 85850
I'm gonna have to copy that in my living room when I get a day off at Christmas probably the way it's goin

Reply to While the wife's away in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen