Search the forum,

Discuss What's The Black Stuff? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Took up some laminate in a kitchen this morning only to find a layer of lino tiles which have been attached to the concrete floor with black stuff? What is this black stuff and can I prime over it or slc it? Cheers Sean

1446453601579-1878816893.jpg

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Is it tacky Sean?
Looks like 'black' it's a bitumen based adhesive used to stick vinyl.
U can slurry coat it with Mapeis eco prime, I think it's called, or Tilemasters Prime + Grip or make your own.
Yes its tacky and smells a bit like tar.
I'm in the middle of the chalfonts and there's no tile shops 4 miles. Looks like I'll be making my own! Cheers 4 the quick reply.

Reply to What's The Black Stuff? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays