Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss what to use to fill hole in travertine in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

merit

TF
Reaction score
just finished laying a travertine floor today, all washed off and sealed ready for grouting , just noticed theres a pop in the tile where its been honed and filled, wasnt the greatest travertine , what can i use to fill it , to save me lifting it, cheers

S

Stef

As Neale above, jolly glues what your looking for.
qatyzude.jpg

Get the Vertical Straw colour, it's a perfect match for travertine.

C

Concrete guy

Akemi is another brand similar to Jolly.

You'll find a plentyful supply of them at stone masonry suppliers.

S

Stef

does it need sanding after its hardened ?

Masking tape all round the hole you are going to fill, mix the glue but make sure you don't get any on any other part of the tile (it will shine)
Use a flexible filling knife & remove tape after a minute, roughly, before it goes hard.
You shouldn't need to touch it after its cured, it dries very quick.
I would use a spare tile as a tester & see what your doing first.

G

Gazzer

Fill it, wait for it to almost harden and use a razor blade to flush it up. It shouldnt need much more than that but you could use a bit of wet and dry.

Reply to what to use to fill hole in travertine in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks