Search the forum,

Discuss What to use for bathroom ceiling? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

V

vrytir

Hi, what should I use for bathroom ceiling? I wanted to use Tile mate board, but I am not sure if it is good idea as it doesnt seem to be quite sturdy. I was thinking about aqua qyproc (not sure about the name) Or do you have any better ideas.

D

DHTiling

Aqua panel and mechanically fixed with screws and washers and noggings inserted for extra fixings.

The main issue is , will the trusses support the weight. ?

What are you installing. ?

V

vrytir

I do not want to instal anything on it. Just use some paint to paint it. I want to use tile mate board, this is very light so trusses should support the weight. I want to use screws, do zinc plated screws make the job, or do the rust and leave marks, if so which screws should I use.

M

Mike

you'd be better off plasterboarding and skimming it for a perfect finish. the screws and tape/joint will show through

S

Stewart

PVC panels, quite cheap, easy to install and maintenance free.
519751f6-39e7-914f.jpg

Created on iPhone.....

G

Gazzer

Sitting on the throne and seeing my reflection in the ceiling ??? All wrong IMO :smilewinkgrin:

S

Stewart

Who sits on the loo and looks at the ceiling....... I'm far too busy reading!

Created on iPhone.....

Reply to What to use for bathroom ceiling? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen