Search the forum,

Discuss What tile adhesive is used for large format tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

The plaster can be very absorbant so thats a good reason to prime alone other than enttringnite

S

stevep1

i've lost myself. everything i've ever done before this job has worked for me too. thanks for your time and suggestions its really appreciated

S

stevep1

gypsum. thats why we went with palace tilers primer. it says on their web site to use it neat when sticking to gypsum with a cement based addy. since then i have tried everything

W

White Room

No, what I meant steve was a browning, hardwall, bonding or sand cement backing used on the block walls before the plaster finish was applied

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Steve.. my apologies.. i am kind of slurped.. i will ,if not resolved tomorrow have another sober look..

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

S

stevep1

a 3 mm skim coat of gypsum finish over plaster board. i explained the weight issue but was told to go ahead. that wouldnt explain the tests ive done with 300mm cuts from the ceramic tiles that wouldnt stick when stood up against the wall

A

Aston

steve
how long did you leave the 4 and 1 coat of sbr? before applying the 2nd coat
just answer that for me please

Reply to What tile adhesive is used for large format tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen