Search the forum,

Discuss What Primer/adhesive For Porcelain 600x300 8.5mm Thick? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tile Shop

You need to get in touch with homebase to find out the weight per sqm. By my guess a porcelain that thick, with adhesive is going to be around 24kg, which is over the 20kg limit for plaster, skimmed or otherwise.

Reaction score
Says 10mm on that link. Almost certainly over the skimmed plaster weight limit then. That aside, Mapei primer g with Keraflex grey if you want slow set, Keraquick if you'd like fast set.

O

Old Mod

At 10mm as per link, you're looking at 27kg with adhesive and grout on a normal bed with no build up.

G

gooty

the packaging says 17kg/m2.

so the limit doesnt just applied to the skimmed pasterboard, it applies to the plaster skimmed/concrete rendered wall too?

Reaction score
Yes, 20kg per M2 applies to both skimmed render and plaster board. 17kg Sounds too light by far! Are you sure thats not the total weight of the box? Even if it is that still sounds light. Dont forget, you have to add 4/5 kg per M2 for the adhesive and grout.

J

Just Rizzle

if your worried about weight then theres only one product that's
TILEMASTERS LIGHT WEIGHT RAPID
or tile masters ultimate s2 if your not
the primer any SBR

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi @gooty are you sure that it's m2, tiles are supplied in all sorts of area per box. I picked some tiles up yeterday for a customer that are .24m2 per box, that might be why it's are lower weight.

J

Just Rizzle

fixed a tile recently 12mm thick at edge but due to pattern on the back this tile was only 7mm in the center of the patten I think that this was to reduce the tiles weigh ( think they were from tops ) as the weight on the pack said 16 kg per pack of 1 mtr sq fixed them with tile masters ultimate

G

gooty

the box says it covers .9m2 so if the weight of 17kg relates to that,its 18.7kg/m2 isnt it?

Reply to What Primer/adhesive For Porcelain 600x300 8.5mm Thick? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen