Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss What percentage of jobs is through contacts or contracts? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought I'd ask what percentage of your jobs are through contracts and / or contacts as apposed to general domestic customers finding you directly somehow.

If you answer 10% in the poll, that means 10% of your current jobs are through contractors or contacts you have. Meaning 90% is directly for domestic customers.

Clearly then if you answer 90% in the poll, that means 90% is through contacts, and only 10% domestic customers finding your details somehow.

(I ask this as it seems most people doing well appear to have the most jobs coming via contacts they have, and they don't end up in price wars so much, unlike with domestics who are all price-based these days it seems.)

I

Ian

The vast majority of my work is through existing contacts/repeat work/word of mouth, can honestly say I can't remember the last time I did a job for someone who wasn't connected to me in one form or another from previous jobs.

W

White Room

The same as Bri, I don't advertise and have no website so voted 100%...all personal contacts.

P

Peter

Probably about 50 percent of my work through regular builders and another 30 from recommendations, with about 20 percent from forms of advertising.

radim

TF
Arms
Reaction score
about 70% of my work is thorough builders, plumbers i do work regularly.rest is advertising and tile shop.

T

Topshop

Most of my work comes from word of mouth from past customers. I do very little work for other contractors because every time I work for other contractors there is either a problem due to their bad schedules or I have a hard time getting paid in a timely mannor. Contractors always want a discount because they say they will be giving me soo much work in the future. When I hear that lie I immediately raise my price to them. The home owners always pay me on time and love my work - no problems.

W

White Room

I don't think things have changed much concerning builders, I've had conversations with other tilers who don't use the forum and there've stopped working for builders due to bad prep.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think things have changed much concerning builders, I've had conversations with other tilers who don't use the forum and there've stopped working for builders due to bad prep.
WHAT?!?!?! there are tilers not on the forum?! :p:p:p

Reply to What percentage of jobs is through contacts or contracts? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks