Search the forum,

Discuss What Colour Silicone? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

WetSaw

Those that grout the ceiling gap, do you mask the ceiling before using coloured grout or are you just a lot better than me at avoiding getting any grout on it in the first place?

I

Ian

Those that grout the ceiling gap, do you mask the ceiling before using coloured grout or are you just a lot better than me at avoiding getting any grout on it in the first place?
99%of the time, the ceiling will be painted afterwards, so don't worry too much about staining. I do always make sure it's washed off properly so there's no grout lumps or residue left on the ceiling.

I

Ian

@Bri do you use colour matched silicone (grey etc) along the tops of baths, sinks etc or if white goods do you use santary white silicone.??
Yeah I tend to keep the silicone the same throughout, the only possible exception to this would be if the silicone was a dark grey or charcoal, I'd use white around the sanitary ware in this instance. The most frequent colours I tend to use are , light grey, jasmine, limestone and sandstone, so being quite light colours, the silicone doesn't look out of place against white sanitary ware.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yeah I tend to keep the silicone the same throughout, the only possible exception to this would be if the silicone was a dark grey or charcoal, I'd use white around the sanitary ware in this instance. The most frequent colours I tend to use are , light grey, jasmine, limestone and sandstone, so being quite light colours, the silicone doesn't look out of place against white sanitary ware.

I'm exactly the same.
I also grout up to the ceiling.

T

Time's Ran Out

Just grout to the ceiling.
White to the sanitary ware.
Corners - Clear or silicone to match tile colour not grout colour.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I tried caulk once, thought it was crap. It was soudal (I think) which is supposed to be decent quality. A decent grout will do the same job IMO.

I've only tried it once too - on my parents bathroom. It was dow corning and I thought it was brilliant as it was so quick and easy and looked good. 6 months later it had all sunk/shrunk and split.

Reply to What Colour Silicone? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen