Discuss What adhesive and spacers? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

crisco 78

hi guys
can anyone advise me on type of adhesive
ive got liquid pumped screed + wet UFH, i will be laying 1200*600 porcelain which is about 135m2:mad2:
i was thinking KERAFLEX MAXI , floor primed with PRIMER G(2 coats?)
and 2mm spacers?????
any suggestions
cheers
chris

W

White Room

Which liquid pumped screed was it.......this is probably one for Ajax.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

You really need to source the screed type and length of time it's been down first.

C

crisco 78

HI
what if it is gypsum one?
its been laid over a year ago, some small cracks appeared as well
am i still on the right way or not
cheers

M

mattle40

Anhydrite screeds are gypsum, and are notoriously problematic, if it is identified as Anhydrite and thoroughly dry then there is no problem really but I know of a few failures due to improper prep or the fitter not knowing it was Anhydrite.
(although its not as bad these days as I think a lot more fitters are aware)
As soon as I hear "pumped" I think Anhydrite

They develop a layer of latents on the top as they dry,
This needs to come off before tiling, then primed thoroughly as gypsum and cement don't mix well!

Just something to think on ;-)

Reaction score
hello
is it's gypsum based screed I would sand of laitance in the first place before applying primer, with primer you are using I would be better of using gypsum based adhesive, as cement based adhesive reacts with gypsum screed, if you still planing to use cement base adhesive then would recommend to use epoxy based primer, also would increase tile spacers, minimum 3 mm, if screed have some small cracks would definitely recommend of using decoupling membrane, also in big are as yours would make few expansion joints, movement joints should be used to divide the tiled area into fewer areas of no more than 40 sq/metres
good luck with your project ;)

C

crisco 78

so what brand would you recommend then
does mapei do them gypsum based as i had 40 bags of keraflex maxi s1 delivered today
is that still alright

Reaction score
If you bought adhesive already, then just buy Ditra matting, keraflex maxi will be fine for you application, it's just really long drying adhesive thats all
good luck

Last edited:
F

Finianlucian

Hi Chris. If you're still on the forum, I'd be interested to know how you got on? I'm about do an almost identical job to the one you described above. This post was from 2012 so it would be great to know whether you used Ditra or not and if you had any problems since.

Reply to What adhesive and spacers? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks