Search the forum,

Discuss What acrylic primer? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

antdad

Happy new year gents.

I'll soon be fixing very large tiles on water resistant plasterboard, is the Mapei acrylic primer from Screwfix okay or what would you recommend?

Regards

A

antdad

What adhesive do you recommend for a large wall tile (90 x 30cm) seems the Mapei ady I was thinking of using isn't suitable.

I

Italy

Mapei Keraflex C2TE / Keraflex Maxi s1, needs no for plasterboard primer.
plasterboard course, not the skimmed.
I am sure, because I contacted Mapei 10 years ago, for 7 marble bathrooms, bathrooms are still in place.
Then, a primer coat does not hurt.
Now do not scold ;)
90x30 mapei keraflex maxi s1 for me.

D

Dumbo

I've never known a situation where priming is detrimental to the work even if not specified as a necessity

D

Dumbo

I'm pretty sure bal don't recommend using primer on ply (the tiled surface) when using bal single part fast flex...
They might not specify it as required but I bet if you asked them if it was OK to do they would say you can if you want .

Reply to What acrylic primer? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen