Discuss Wetroom Former Size brand and type in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

One Day

With the Wedi shower trays in particular the Fundo ligno, they recommend setting the waste in mortar by making a box between the joist, placing the waste in and filling with mortar.

Is this an essential part of the install?

They also make a pre-formed insert which kind of does the job for you. Takes the place of a mortar box, you just need to make sure it's supported below.
Yes, in either case it's essential because the potential flex at the drain (the thinnest point) can open up the connections on the drain.

YT233

TF
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply,

In regards to the sealing tape, I know wedi say the use of the join silicone is enough. If you were to use the sealing tape also, does this need to be applied using the 520 adhesive?

O

One Day

Thank you for your reply,

In regards to the sealing tape, I know wedi say the use of the join silicone is enough. If you were to use the sealing tape also, does this need to be applied using the 520 adhesive?

Yes it should be.
A sealing kit contains everything you need for one tray.
It's not a silicone by the way. I think you mean Wedi 610?

If the area isn't prone to move (i.e. no timber involved) then I'd simply use 610 to join blue to blue (core to core).
But on timber I'd suggest using the sealing kit with tape and 520 adhesive. Safer in the long run.

Reply to Wetroom Former Size brand and type in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks