Search the forum,

Discuss Wetroom Floor Tiles are loose and leaking in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

KieranS

Moved into our house about 5 years ago, grout in ground floor wetroom started disintegrating soon after. Now some damp on walls around wetroom apparent, probably caused by water ingress and seepage across membrane to boundaries.
We've stopped using it for now, but need to know what is necessary to fix. Some of the tiles in the shower zone (where the floor slopes to the drain) flex quite a bit, which I guess is why the grout went. Does the floor need relaid?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as my wife is well peeved with having to use bathroom upstairs..
Cheers.

D

DHTiling

Hi Keiran...

We need to know how the floor is constructed.. (type of substrate)...

P

paul flight

if they are moving ? the the floor tiles should be removed to see what is going on . call in a pro tiler and get a price ! asap

B

bugs183

Sorry mate looks like your wife will be using the bathroom for a while!
This cannot be saved i'm afraid, best thing you should do is rip up the floor and rip out the wet walls and let everything dry out for as long as possible.
Trouble is not many people can actually build a wet room properly, let alone tank it correctly and tile it.
If its a ground floor wet room then it really shouldn't have leaked as the base should have been formed out of concrete, if its been made of wood (more likely) then rip it all out, if the walls are soggy untreated plaster board, bin those too, then leave to dry.
Then get an experienced tiler in to quote, i warn you it won't be cheap, these babies take a good while to do properly, easier solution, get a low level shower tray.
Sorry for the bad news!!

Reply to Wetroom Floor Tiles are loose and leaking in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen