Search the forum,

Discuss Wetroom floor construction in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Lakey

TF
Reaction score
Guys

Have a wetroom to create in an extension & just wanted to clarify a couple of issues.
The wetroom is 1st floor on timber joists.
I am using an Aqua Dec tray with UFH.
My question is with the tray being 22mm at the perimeter how can I install any insulation board (Wedi or the like) & SLC to encapsulate UFH cables?
I want to have UFH on the tray also.

Any pointers would be gratefully received

Q

Qwerty

Securely fix wooden packers (strips) on top of the joists to the depth you need to bring it up to even height. You could use ditra heat or Warmup DCM pro instead of going down the SLC route.

Lakey

TF
Reaction score
Securely fix wooden packers (strips) on top of the joists to the depth you need to bring it up to even height. You could use ditra heat or Warmup DCM pro instead of going down the SLC route.
Guessed that would be an idea.
Would i then need to encapsulate UFH cables on the tray using some quick set adhesive?

W

Waluigi

Guessed that would be an idea.
Would i then need to encapsulate UFH cables on the tray using some quick set adhesive?

No need. Just fill the void as you tile. Warmup only recomend a levelling compound poured on very small tiles.

F

Flintstone

I'm doing one at the moment and it was boarded level with the tray then ufh on top and into tray.

Reply to Wetroom floor construction in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen