Search the forum,

Discuss weight question ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

i am not going to ask any of you fellas if you think i need to go on a diet as i already know the answer to that i just want to start a debate about the weight ratings of substrates ,skim plaster over plaster board 20kgs per sq m skim and set plaster 28kgs per sq m please correct me if i am wrong doing this off of memory plaster board 32kgs sand and cemant render 40kgs and cement backer board 50-60kgs my arguement- if the walls are plumb then the load bearing doesnt apply as theload is being transfered through the centre of gravity to the floor . please discuss

W

White Room

I contacted british gypsum about a 50mm wall stud partition ( metal) and said I was going to apply to garage walls because of the piers in a garage so the walls would be flush and straight, They nearly lost it when I said that walls the would only be plasterboarded one side and said no, I have secured the studs to the piers so very solid. Like you mentioned gary the centre of gravity is down not sideways

ps Not the first time I've done metal.

pps First time on the tiler forums arms I take it that these posts do not appear on the regular forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to weight question ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.