Currently reading:
Weight Limits

Discuss Weight Limits in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Had a look at a job yesterday its a new build ,Bathroom and Shower en-suite about 50 m2 walls are all ply the tiles are 600 x 300 porcs,boxes stated the weight of 32 kg.I explained about the weight issue and he more or less said "if your'e not interested then there are other tilers that would do it" and he said "he never heard of this before and on his last two build's the tiler never mentioned this",now in a bit of a dilemma ? do I do it or walk,its a nice job and I really do not want to loose it there are another two tilers after it and I will not know until Monday if I have got the job.I am aware of the weight's what you can put on plasterboard/backer board just a bit unsure with ply always work on the same as plasterboard unskimmed,have been trolling the net is there a printable weight limit table for this so I can show customers what the limit is ?.I do believe that this house will be his home just cant understand why they dont listen.

Last edited:
Yes I do understand about the ply issue have had it plenty of times, worked for a hotel/pub chain for 14 years everything was ply,I always made an issue in telling them to stop using it in the shower rooms but same thing they said I dont stop moaning now everything is opening up and they keep going back to repair cracked tiles but only used ceramic a lot of the time with them.

I remember dan put a comment on my thread before about a tile falling off the wall and killing a kid. Might be worth printing in off and showing the customer and hope they then realise the damage it can cause.
I do believe he will not change his mind,can not understand that some people think that ply is just as good as backer board if you get a good deal theres not much in the price I had a good deal once the board was in 8 x4 sheets 12mm thick and the price at that time was £22 a sheet.

R

RDTiling

Reply to Weight Limits in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement