Currently reading:
Weight limit

Discuss Weight limit in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

mattle40

Well I already explained to him its exceeded but he said he still wants to continue. I was thinking about asking him to sign to say hes happy to continue.

I'm not sure on the whole signing a waiver idea. I think it still boils down to you being responsible
You have identified it to be unsafe so if you proceeded and there was an accident, ultimately it's your fault

gamma38

TF
Bedford
I’m just intrigued what extra prep you would have me do on a job for the sake of 2kg but if you are just flapping your gums and giving it the big one then that’s ok there are quite a few on this forum at the moment that do not like having there posts queried.
Not what i was saying or meaning, your just picking what i wrote to the inth degree, at what weight limit would you deem it acceptable then, if 2 kilo's is ok why not push it to 4 kilo's or 10 kilo's, there is a limit for a reason. Sure i understand you can get away with things but if something ever went wrong you wouldn't have a leg to stand on. To answer your question though, depends on the given job, the situation etc, remove plaster and overboard, stud then board, remove plaster and dot and dab, there are loads of options. As i said most of my customers are more than happy to have the extra prep done, if they are not then i don't really want to be working for people like that.

D

DHTiling

If i can chip in without being chewed up ... standards are a suggested limit that is deemed to be safe... as a tiler you have to take each job at face value and decide if you are willing to go say that extra 2kg...

Now on another note .. PB these days is a capable of holding more weight than currently suggested in BS and B/gypsum will probs be upping that limit with some luck .

So before knocking back a job , think!!!!

ok just my 2 penneth, will shut up now ..

gamma38

TF
Bedford
If i can chip in without being chewed up ... standards are a suggested limit that is deemed to be safe... as a tiler you have to take each job at face value and decide if you are willing to go say that extra 2kg...

Now on another note .. PB these days is a capable of holding more weight than currently suggested in BS and B/gypsum will probs be upping that limit with some luck .

So before knocking back a job , think!!!!

ok just my 2 penneth, will shut up now ..
I totally agree Dave, but if you install a better substrate it's a win win all round i say. Plus you get the benefit of a bit of extra work, and a customer that recommends you on the basis of being thorough. :thumbsup:

gamma38

TF
Bedford
What if the customer will not budge... would you go 2kg over ... I would if i was ok with the substrate prep..
I see what your doing here :lol:, to be fair i wouldn't nowadays, as i said to deano i made my cut off point and i stick to it. Maybe sometimes to my detriment but most people round my way are more than happy to go with it once you explain your reasons. Plus if you prep it it usually ends up flat, not builder flat

Reply to Weight limit in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement