Search the forum,

Discuss Weight limit in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sean SML Tiling

Just had a lovely 42m bathroom come in but with a couple of issues. Customer has built thw new walls but because they were so bad he has had it built out with plaster. Customer has bought 450x450 porcelain which weighs 18kg pm. Im worried about the wight limit as it will be around 23/24kg pm after addy. Bs recommends 20 but do you think its ok to continue?

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
In a word no, BS says 20 and i stick to it without compromise. Just explain to your customer and back it up with written evidence if you need to, I always carry written evidence with me nowadays, it saves time.

S

Sean SML Tiling

Well I already explained to him its exceeded but he said he still wants to continue. I was thinking about asking him to sign to say hes happy to continue.

M

mattle40

Well I already explained to him its exceeded but he said he still wants to continue. I was thinking about asking him to sign to say hes happy to continue.

I'm not sure on the whole signing a waiver idea. I think it still boils down to you being responsible
You have identified it to be unsafe so if you proceeded and there was an accident, ultimately it's your fault

T

The D

In a word no, BS says 20 and i stick to it without compromise. Just explain to your customer and back it up with written evidence if you need to, I always carry written evidence with me nowadays, it saves time.
you must walk away from a lot of jobs then m8

S

Sean SML Tiling

A few tilers have said its fine to continue as its not loads of the recommended limits but its 50/50 imo

Reply to Weight limit in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen