Search the forum,

Discuss Weight Check in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi lads and lasses, just wanted to check on weights,
Been asked to fix these, 600x300x10mm porcelain, these are the largest ill have fixed by far so want to make sure the weights ok for the board, to be fixed to moisture board, tanked with ardex tanking. so I've a 32kg weight per m2 both with board and also same with the tanking. Correct? I know the boards fixed sound as I've re boarded it.
So anyone know what weight these tiles will be per m2 and also am I right in thinking adhesive will be around 4kg /m2? cheers d

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'll check with ctd tomorrow but it looks well within tolerance. Just picked the board up at the customers house and thought bloody hell that's a weight. Lol.

O

Old Mod

Why would u use a rapid adhesive on the wall mate?
There's no need. And it'll make hard work of it.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yeah make it easy on yourself! - weber standard set plus or standard set SPF (if there's chance of movement) and weight limits will be fine.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Why would u use a rapid adhesive on the wall mate?
There's no need. And it'll make hard work of it.

Wanted to push the job on as had left myself short on time for another job, who's rang a number of times to check I'm still coming. So wanted to push on, but did think I might struggle, so second opinion and its off the purchase list. :oops:
Then the customers who's been ringing calls today to postpone as she needs to get a sparkie in as her DIY husband has replaced the socket fronts wrong in the hall I was to skim... lol... so I can chill and tackle these first for me porcelain tiles with time pressure.
Cheers for your input fellas, much appreciated.
D

Reply to Weight Check in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen