Discuss Website Advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

JAMES MCK

Looking for any advice regarding websites. Can anyone reccommend any companies that I should be looking to create one for my business. My knowledge on the subject is very limited. Not even sure if you's guys find them beneficial. Any input would greatly be appreciated.:hurray:

O

Olz

Looking for any advice regarding websites. Can anyone reccommend any companies that I should be looking to create one for my business. My knowledge on the subject is very limited. Not even sure if you's guys find them beneficial. Any input would greatly be appreciated.:hurray:

Send a PM to dan, he may well be able to help you out :thumbsup:

C

charlie1

there are various templates you coud use for free, all you would need to do is buy you domain name.

Google "free website templates"

O

Olz

It's actually a little known fact that Dan was the original inventor of the world wide web, only he called it the global wide web (GWW), but one day whilst he was out tiling a kitchen floor with polished B+Q 900 x 900's with no gaps, the american military snook into his house and stole the idea, they simply renamed it the world wide web (WWW) and that was that. :joker:

S

spanky

The answer to your question depends on exactly what you want the website to do for you?

Just an advert for your services?
Do you need an online shop to sell products?
How much information do you need on the shop and what type, gallery of work, customer comments etc.

I could probably post a hundred questions.

A lot of building a website isn't so much about the site either, more often it is about getting people to look at the site once it's up.

I built this one myself using a store template and adding what I needed.

www.FixMyPlasma.co.uk

Then I set about getting Google to trawl it so it could be found.

R

robbo

It's actually a little known fact that Dan was the original inventor of the world wide web, only he called it the global wide web (GWW), but one day whilst he was out tiling a kitchen floor with polished B+Q 900 x 900's with no gaps, the american military snook into his house and stole the idea, they simply renamed it the world wide web (WWW) and that was that. :joker:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

R

robbo

The answer to your question depends on exactly what you want the website to do for you?

Just an advert for your services?
Do you need an online shop to sell products?
How much information do you need on the shop and what type, gallery of work, customer comments etc.

I could probably post a hundred questions.

A lot of building a website isn't so much about the site either, more often it is about getting people to look at the site once it's up.

I built this one myself using a store template and adding what I needed.

www.FixMyPlasma.co.uk

Then I set about getting Google to trawl it so it could be found.

Hey Spanky that looks like a nice clear looking website..:thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Love it lol.

I'm a bit busy to be honest at the moment. Though I can help.

You want to buy your domain name from Domain registration - Domain registration company UK - UKreg or Domain name registration from 123-reg (though I saw some downtime on the 123reg website last week for ages - I got a bit worried about the domain names I have with them - though none of those went down at all).

I use Dreamweaver for my sites though some of the lads on here seem to use FrontPage, perhaps that Mircosoft product is easier to get used to being a windows pc user?

You can buy a template from Web Templates, Flash Templates, Website Templates Design - Template Monster or go with a free one by searching Google (free website templates - Google Search)

Perhaps then some SEO advice would be required? Search the forums for "search engine optimisation" and if you have access to the tilersforumsarms soon you'll find there are a few posts in there about SEO too.

Checkout the link exchange whilst your in the arms too by the way.

If you're looking for a designer / webmaster then let me know as at the least I'll be able to point you in the right direction.

Neopixel provides professional website design & web consultation services. is one I trust to use. Ask for Andy and tell him Dan sent you from UM.

Cheers for the recommend guys above. I think you're mixing me up with IBM lol.

D

Deleted member 1779

"Not even sure if you's guys find them beneficial"

Can I just say to that - that without the web we would be dead in the water. We provide tile drills and - Well - the progress we have made so far without the web would be so slow it would be a dead business.

The internet is probably the best thing to happen to any company either tilers, plumbers or mfrs like us.

PS: Just purchased the domains
Tiledrills (.com) Tile Drills

and

drillingtiles.com Drilling Tiles

For ten years. My view is that Investment online is well worth it even if you are a local company.

Plus you can showcase your work.

T

tile55

Hi James Mick, not too sure what your main requirements sre for a web site.
There were quite a few reasons for me to set up my website. Advertise my business, showcase my work, prove that I'm not a a cowboy and generally, to show off.

Time is important to me being self-employed, so ease of use was of paramount importance for me. How easy is it going to be to upload pictures and information. Cost was a major factor too.

I had a look at some website hosting agencies but not many ticked all the right boxes. I found Freestart 08707415296, and have been with them now for about 5 years, very easy to use, lots of templates, you can update at your convienece, 3.30 in the morning, no problem. costs £117.50 a year for hosting and domain name.

Reply to Website Advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks