Search the forum,

Discuss Weber.col Anhydrite Tile Adhesive get tilers seal of approval in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi All

Weber are now offfering a Gypsum Based tile adhesive. They gave me some bags to give to a tiler of my choice to tile to Gyvlon screed. It does have a relatively short open life on the floor but a reasonable pot life. The tiler has now used the gear and has fed me back his thoughts. He said he thought it was really good gear and easy to use. Open life on the floor was quick but easily manageable.

Being fully compatible with the screed it has to join my list along with Creative Impressions GBTA and Forbo Alphycol 725.

Of course other systems are available.

D

DHTiling

After contacting them today Alan, they said no ready yet for release but will be soon.. still in testing phase with fixers..

I have been offered a couple bags but really want to hear test results first.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Feedback all seems to be good though.

A

Aston

i really like weber products, they dont seem to have the same impact on the tiling industry as they do on the plastering?

S

Spud

i really like weber products, they dont seem to have the same impact on the tiling industry as they do on the plastering?
webber tile adhesive used to be Howtex, They have good powdered adhesive Ed and excellent levelling compounds ,but in the past their bucket adhesive was terrible and their grout colour pallet was awful ,the sandstone grout used to look green ,they then came up with stoneset range and sold it as a multi use flexible grout for joints from 3mm to 20mm, it was poor for any joint width wider than 4mm
I havent used it for 6-7 years but their rep sent me some sample bags of the low dust rapid flexible and some white set plus both were excellent adhesives

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It sticks to gypsum screed......

T

TilerBhoy

Well i have 2 bags of this adhesive to try out..:)

So will post feedback..

any word on this yet?

I've used a gypsum based one for walls from Nicobond, but it no good for floors, or porcelain.
Goes off like a greyhound too.

Reply to Weber.col Anhydrite Tile Adhesive get tilers seal of approval in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen