Search the forum,

Discuss Wall to wall tiler and bathroom fitter.. Costing /quotes Jobs? tips? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

K

Katrina2012

How much should I be paying a wall to wall tiler/bathroom fitter to prepare and install limestone from wall to wall, he would also would need
to fit the whole bathroom and plumbing..

I have 2 bathrooms, one is a shower room to be a wet room and the other a small bathroom, both rooms are fairly small..
19sq meters of tiling in one bathroom and 24 square meters in second bathroom.

What would be a fair quote for the works only?

How long should the works on a bathroom be expected to take?

Also, any tips out there to help choose the right person for the job?

G

Gazzer

Re: Wall to wall tiler and bathroom fitter.. Costing /quotes Jobs? tip

We dont discuss pricing as this will vary from job to job and with different tiles etc.

K

Katrina2012

That I can understand, I did say works only, plus a estimate..

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

I'd generally get three reputable tilers to come and provide actual prices as so many factors change the price on jobs. Area too can often change the price because the going rates normally reflect living costs of said tiler/area etc. Central London perhaps being one of the dearer places for obvious reasons, then a mixture of places dotted around the country being cheaper for the same reasons.

What I will recommend you do is get a reference or two off each tiler - and for jobs similar to your own job. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY - CHECK THE REFERENCES!!!!

Then listen to all three, see which one explained the most, and seemed to know his stuff, and take it from there.

M

mhtiler

hi Katrina,could you tell me whereabouts the work is to be taken out is,ie area or postcode.
let me introduce myself, i have my own tiling business and have been going for approx 10 years,i am capable of tiling walls and floors using any type of tiles from ceramics to natural stone,mosaics,travertine,marble,porcelain,quarry etc.
i work along side plumbers who are registered gas safe,capable of bathroom and wet room installations.
to give quotes we normally would like to see the rooms with work to be changed in any way as rooms vary and your requirements.
if i can be of assistance please contact me, either by email or via website, or phone.
thank you Mark www.mhtiler.co.uk

ps we cover all greater manchester areas.

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I'd generally get three reputable tilers to come and provide actual prices as so many factors change the price on jobs. Area too can often change the price because the going rates normally reflect living costs of said tiler/area etc. Central London perhaps being one of the dearer places for obvious reasons, then a mixture of places dotted around the country being cheaper for the same reasons.

What I will recommend you do is get a reference or two off each tiler - and for jobs similar to your own job. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY - CHECK THE REFERENCES!!!!

Then listen to all three, see which one explained the most, and seemed to know his stuff, and take it from there.

I'm with dan on this one!! ;)

B

bugs183

Choose your tiles as well as i've had customers say they want one sort and come back with something totally different. It doesn't go down well when i explain that they've doubled the cost and or the time it will take to do the job.

Reply to Wall to wall tiler and bathroom fitter.. Costing /quotes Jobs? tips? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen