Search the forum,

Discuss Wall and Floor Tiling Advice for Kate the Mate in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Kate you don't have to be confrontational, just voice your concerns, but DON'T back down all the lads and lasses on here will tell you that this is not a professional job, send him in our direction if he starts making excuses. Sorry to sound a bit harsh, but if you let this go you will be looking at it every day, and every day it will make you angrier until you rip it all down

You have got me to a T, Brian. I felt just like ripping the tiles down tonight!

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Total rushed/bodged rubbish!!

Don't worry about confronting this guy, HE is the one in the wrong, if his work was okay you wouldn't need to confront him.

The biggest kick 'between the legs' for any tradesman is the customer telling them their work is unacceptable, decent guys go well out of their way and do an excellent job to avoid this.

All you have there is a 5/10 DIY job I'm affraid.

D

DHTiling

Kate, Welcome..

Sit down with a nice cup of Tea, and make a full list of what is wrong.. this way you will not forget anything if it gets slightly heated,,

Most of all ,good luck and stand your ground.. that is deffo not a nice job..

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Kate, you have done nothing wrong. Please don't lose any sleep over this, you need to make it clear to these people, that you are not happy with their work. If they have any conscience they will make good:thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

only skim read the thread Kate, but the setting out is awful, the grout line should be slap bang in the middle of the bath mixer taps, in the next pic, how on earth are they going to fill that internal joint with silicon?? I'm guessing that a saving grace is that with that poor setting out they don't really know what they're doing and have probably used tubbed adhesive, which will soak off.

D

doug boardley

looks like he's not trowelled onto the walls either, tut tut! It's a sub standard job Kate, don't pay until it's done right.

S

Scott

Dont be worried KAte as said you ae not in the wrong. Once he has looked at it and you point out what you are not happy with im sure it will all be fine

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Wall and Floor Tiling Advice for Kate the Mate in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen