Search the forum,

Discuss Victorian Tiling & Restoration...... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

steveboy

I have been thinking,,, I want to learn as much as I can about restoring Victorian tiles....

So where could I get any info related to this????

I'm gettin a lil board just tiling out bathrooms & want a challenge.

T

trevortine

I've done a couple stevey, one for a famous author and couple houses in Pollocksheils, really good to do but doesn't seem much of a market for it up here.

H

hillhead

It's a very skilled type of tiling, not easy for most.
There is a few on here who can do it very well and even restorers too.

S

steveboy

trevotine - I really would love to learn all there is to it, I bet there would be a market for it if people would lift carpets & bin them. I bet there are loads of victorian floors going by all the old buildings around.

hillhead - I bet it is a skilled type of tiling, thats the reason I want to learn all I can. I recon if any one has a personal interest in something they will learn.

T

trevortine

Yeah, prob loads out there, looked into it few years back, there's only a few suppliers of it in our area and they weren't getting much call for it. It's defo a challenge, I really enjoy doing them though!

Reply to Victorian Tiling & Restoration...... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen