Search the forum,

Discuss Victorian skirting on top of floor tiles - too much lift? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Hi,
We have an old Victorian house & are putting a new suite into the corner of the master bedroom. We've taken the skirting boards off around the walls where the ensuite build now stands (to be able to get the plumbing, electrics, etc. in before plastering).
We're now at the stage where we need to tile the floor & put the skirting back on but which comes first? I understand that it might be a neater finish (easier for the tiler) to tile the floor first then put the skirting back on but my concern is that the skirting will then sit higher than it did originally and be higher than the skirting in the rest of the original master bedroom.
Putting an ensuite in isn't in keeping with Victoriana I know, but we'd like to stay as true as possible to the old house.
Any advice will be gratefully received.
Helen

T

TheWrightTiler

trim the bottom of the skirting with the total height of the tile and then it will match

andy

D

doug boardley

as above from me also
respect-040.GIF

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
And me - makes perfect sense...:thumbsup:

Reply to Victorian skirting on top of floor tiles - too much lift? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen