Search the forum,

Discuss Very slight movement in tiles around shower tray. in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hello,

So I have a small shower tray that has 4 upstands and the tiles placed on top. The gap between the shower tray and top of the tile is about 1cm.

I've noticed at the bottom tile that if I push it I see slight movement. My worry is that water is getting behind and slowly working its way up the wall but I don't see how? No leaking on the tiles outside the tray and no leaking under the vinyl.

When tiles are put on top of the tray can there be movement at the bottom as I'm assuming there isn't plasterboard to support it at the very edge? Any idea how to know without ripping the tiles off?

pete f

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I'm not too sure about the description but when this happens it's normally the substrate that's damaged behind the tiles

Reply to Very slight movement in tiles around shower tray. in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen