Search the forum,

Discuss Van Insurance in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

Never,ever,ever,ever automatically accept your van insurance renewal without further checking other quotes,or even ringing your present insurer to query the £££
Mine was up for renewal last night(£275)and I'd left it far too close to the wire before renewing it.
But I thought I would check an online price comparison website just to check......same van,same details and same INSURER for £218!
What a bunch of ********** (insert words as applicable )

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
All renewals are computer generated........I always phone them up and give them the old flannel about, "I've looked online, can get it cheaper, etc etc" and they alway mysteriously drop the price.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Customer orientated businesses with a sense of realistically looking after individuals who require value for money...........:rolleyes:

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Never,ever,ever,ever automatically accept your van insurance renewal without further checking other quotes,or even ringing your present insurer to query the £££
Mine was up for renewal last night(£275)and I'd left it far too close to the wire before renewing it.
But I thought I would check an online price comparison website just to check......same van,same details and same INSURER for £218!
What a bunch of ********** (insert words as applicable )

Mine did the same to me. Then when I called they give me the online price not the renewal price. Rubbish. But modified vans are a mare to insure so stayed with them. #regretbuyingamodifiedvan...

O

One Day

My van renewal was a joke compared to yours! Up from £400 to nearly £700 with 10yrs ncb too.
I got it under £400 using screen scrapers though.

Interestingly though- my wife's car renewal (same time as my van) was with Direct Line and it was cheaper than last year and I couldn't beat it anywhere....

Go figure...

D

Dougs Third Go

dreading my renewal quote next time after reversing into a VW Golf the other week :(

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
£400 sounds a lot @impish, mines around £250, that dosn't include tool cover though, my problem is insurers don't want to insure it, the direct lines and Swinton etc won't entertain it. It's only got a spolier side skirts and Spoiler and glass side Window. looks really. So stuck with one at the mo.

O

One Day

£400 sounds a lot @impish, mines around £250, that dosn't include tool cover though, my problem is insurers don't want to insure it, the direct lines and Swinton etc won't entertain it. It's only got a spolier side skirts and Spoiler and glass side Window. looks really. So stuck with one at the mo.
It's down to my postcode. The area i live in, got lumped together with a particularly rough part of preston where loads of crash for cash convictions took place a few years ago. For the glory of 'inclusiveness' they joined our postcode and our premiums went skywards.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Terrible crack. I do live in the sticks. Years ago I moved from a tweed postcode to a newcastle postcode. I'm still 40 miles north and my house insurance went up nearly 200 quid just because the postcode changed. I only moved 10 mile south of where I was. Rubbish.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Well I was having a great day, tiling went well for the day and then driving home a bloody pheasant decided it would learn to fly and crash into my mirror and bang it went, so knacked. It's electric and colour coded so it will probably cost best part of £100... those birds have no reason to be alive. Hate them. I mean they can't even bloody fly. :confused::mad::mad::mad::mad:
tmp_21409-20160319_180335882211625.jpg

O

Old Mod

Well I was having a great day, tiling went well for the day and then driving home a bloody pheasant decided it would learn to fly and crash into my mirror and bang it went, so knacked. It's electric and colour coded so it will probably cost best part of £100... those birds have no reason to be alive. Hate them. I mean they can't even bloody fly. :confused::mad::mad::mad::mad:
View attachment 80643
£100! For the fitting maybe! :eek:

VAUXHALL VIVARO RENAULT TRAFIC VAN ELECTRIC BLACK WING MIRROR DRIVERS OFF SIDE

T

Time's Ran Out

View attachment 80643
But they taste good!

Reply to Van Insurance in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen