Search the forum,

Discuss Using expansion joints in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Z

zed123

Hi. Tiling a floor which is 18 x 13m what is the advised distance in which to put expansion joints in at ?

i have been advised 5metres from genesis. just looking for confirmation / past experience.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Summary of Floor Movement Joints BS 5385
Interior & external floor tiling: divided into
maximum fields 10 metres in each direction
On suspended floors tiling fields should be
reduced and additional joints included over
supporting walls or beams
Movement joints should be incorporated over
existing structural movement joints
Perimeters, door openings, columns, kerbs,
steps, where tiling is continuous across junctions
of different base materials.

That's just a copy and paste, it will vary depending on floor type, tile size etc, on large floors using 600x600 we used to go at 4.5m

O

On one

I was going to post a similar question myself.......16m x 8m heated screed and no expansion joints in the screed or perimeter!......but then the project manager of this little job did want me to use a pallet of leftover thermolite block thin joint adhesive to lay the tiles among other things!

O

Old Mod

Could be wrong, could be a different floor, but I doubt it,
It's the overboarded mezzanine floor with 1mm joints!
It's the same OP for all three threads

O

Old Mod

Well so is usin PVA to stick no more ply:D
All three threads are within 3 weeks, I'd assume it's the same floor starting with overboarding then to joint size then to expansion!
Still think they are different?

Reply to Using expansion joints in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen