Currently reading:
Uneven tiles floor/lipage

Search the forum,

Discuss Uneven tiles floor/lipage in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hi,

I just signed up here in the hope of getting some advice. :)

I recently had a small 2 x 2m floor tiles but it seems uneven to me. When I walk across it I feel like I’m going up and down. A lot of the tiles have different heights. I would just live with it if it was the odd one or two but the majority seem to have lipage. The tiles and floor were done by a pro tiler. They were put on top of a already tiled floor which always get level to me (no tile lipage and seemed flat!)

im just wondering if I’m being too picky or if I should get in touch with the tiler; and also what can be done? Is it just a case of redoing the whole thing? I’ve attached some pics

thanks

0F670B4E-0C84-4C61-AF05-E89D6E3E1C9B.jpeg

EF2FB6DC-C01C-43AE-A86C-28D38EAB6B59.jpeg

01EAD45E-C790-4B60-A98C-2787478D7711.jpeg

374760DC-F661-48C4-9420-EEB0F7993F19.jpeg

Reply to Uneven tiles floor/lipage in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that wall material has been taken off as well, so everything had to be smoothed. After smoothing with some...
Replies
Views
Hello I plan to tile our bathroom with 60x60 cm tiles (8 mm thick) and the shower (because of the slope from all sides) will be done with mosaic tiles (5x5 cm). After researching I came to the...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers? I'll tell you a funny story about how I got a job with Topps Tiles Newcastle and got top sales...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views

Advertisement