Search the forum,

Discuss uneven bathroom floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

brian c

Got a bathroom to tile and the floor is uneven,when i say uneven i mean a belly in the middle.The floor is T&G WOODEN boards.Just want to know how you would deal with the floor to get it level before tiling.i have my thoughts but also open to other techniques.:thumbsup:

L

len

Sand down boards sufficiently to prime,then straighten with floor smoothing compound, then board over and tile

L

len

:hurray: Grumpy.. i just love you (within reason that is) I was expecting to get shot down in flames on this one:grin:

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
You can't be serious.............sanding down bloody floors:mad2:

If its really THAT bad.............up they come and replace with 25mm ply

L

len

You can't be serious.............sanding down bloody floors:mad2:

If its really THAT bad.............up they come and replace with 25mm ply

30 grit disc on a Random Orbital sander in a small bathroom. Half hour should take off the surface grime.

Whats causing the bump and will it dissapear as soon as the boards are lifted?

B

brian c

30 grit disc on a Random Orbital sander in a small bathroom. Half hour should take off the surface grime.

Whats causing the bump and will it dissapear as soon as the boards are lifted?
i will let you know when i take tiles up LEN,not doing job for a few weeks yet bud.

Reply to uneven bathroom floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen